Ukl shïkal ûkaj kif ukl Kryonomicon.

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Chapter 45 - Lovers

Jude knelt down beside Tyra’s bed, so that he was face to face with her. She was looking better, not only in breathing and other vital signs, but also her skin seemed to be healing at a remarkable rate.

“Tyra,” he whispered, reaching a hand towards her face, which was remarkably unscathed. “Tyra, its me, Jude.”

Tyra turned her head slowly towards Jude. “Jude...” she whispered, her voice filled with pain.

“Tyra, I am here for you,” he said, his voice filled with compassion for his lover.

He leaned forward and kissed her on the cheek. Although she was badly injured and very unattractive compared to her normal appearance, the touch of skin was very soothing to Jude, having not seen her since the destruction of the village.

He asked Kysandra and Sylva if they could have a moment alone. They obliged, and left the room.

Jude faced Tyra. “Tyra, I am sorry for what I have done to you.”

“What are you talking about?” moaned Tyra. “You are not responsible for that which has happened to me.”

“Yes, I am. I shot Hylik. It was my fault that I hit whatever explosive device that it was that he had on him, and my fault that you are now as burned as you are.”

“No, it’s not your fault, Jude. If it weren’t for you, I would be dead now, killed at the hands of the traitor.”

Jude thought about this for a moment. He did not know what Hylik’s intentions had been, although Tyra’s assumption did seem to be the most reasonable.

He turned back to Tyra with another matter.

“Tyra, how much do the people trust me?”

Tyra thought for a moment, and then responded by saying, “They trust both Kysandra and I, and we trust you. The same trust carries on to you, Jude.”

Jude took in her words. “Then I have something that I must tell them either tonight or tomorrow.”

“What is it, Jude? My heart wishes to know what is so important that you need to know if they trust you.”

“Something is happening, Tyra. The kryons are returning to Earth. It is the only logical explanation for what I have seen. In the past month I have seen more kryons than lived on the island, and now powers are manifesting themselves within people, Tyra. Powers that may change the world as we know it.”

“Of what are you speaking Jude? You speak in enigmas, my troubled mind can not find meaning in what you say.”

“What I mean to say is that people are developing psychic powers, Tyra. I developed them, and was nearly killed for it. Hylik, too, developed him, for I detected that it was through the use of his powers that he swayed the Council to turn on you four. Krynn would certainly have turned normally.”

“But then how do you know that this is a sign of kryons returning?”

“It is a kryon gift, Tyra. Leader, before he died, told me that only humans of kryon descent were able to manifest these abilities. Surely you do not mean to tell me that one of my parents was a kryon? I am certainly not a half-breed.”

“No Jude, you are not a half-breed. Nor am I in the mood to discuss such heavy matters with you. My body is burned and my mind is weary. Had it not been for you, I would not have made it through the night. Please stay with me tonight for comfort. I do not wish to have to have you enter my mind again.”

Jude sighed, and said, “I will do as you ask. However, if I see you turning in your sleep, I will enter your mind to help you combat the evils that are present. I will not lose you after what we have both been through. We are a team, a union, a pair, Tyra. That relationship cannot be severed by misfortune. It simply cannot.”

Jude stayed up during the night at Tyra’s bedside, though she did not toss or turn, so he did not enter her mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home